Big Sky 4-Aileron Stearman Project
This N registered, disassembled
project is 98% complete less engine, prop and instruments.
There is no major damage and can be renovated with very little
repairs or fabrication of parts. The steel and aluminum components
need to be stripped, inspected, cad plated where necessary
and painted for reinstallation. The rubber components such
as hoses, seals and gaskets need to be replaced. Units such
as brake cylinders and landing gear seals need to be overhauled.
The project includes a complete
four aileron new FAA PMA wing
wood kit and four modified
duster ailerons that can be
altered for the Big Sky Stearman
four aileron STC kit which
is also included with the project. Big Sky technical consultation
will gladly be offered to the purchaser. An inventory follows.
- Stock, straight fuselage
frame ready for media blast, inspection and epoxy paint. Some
misc. tubing repairs evident.
- 2 seats complete with rails,
attachment hardware, seat belts and shoulder harness inertia
- 2 control sticks assy’s and associated tubes for elevators
- Front and rear rudder pedal
assy’s with control hardware for brake, rudder and tailwheel
- Complete control gust lock
- Complete trim tab assy’s for the cockpit, the non-reversing
actuator, cables and elevator tabs.
- Front and rear throttle assy’s with connecting linkages
and firewall bellcrank assy’s. Carb heat control and connecting
- Front and rear instrument
panels and bulkheads with original military compasses, fuel
and magneto control linkages. The following instruments would
need to be acquired: 2 ea. airspeed, 2 ea. tachometer, 2 ea.
engine gauge instruments, 1 ea. magneto switch, 1 ea. fuel valve.
- Original military cockpit
lighting for rear cockpit. Original fire extinquisher mounting
bracket and outside access door.
- Fuselage caging arches and
clamp set. New stringers will need to be purchased and riveted
on the arches.
- Complete set of fuselage
sheet metal, most reusable, some good for flat patterns. A galvanized
firewall needing edge flanging.
- Front and rear windscreens.
- All control cables, most
reusable or patterns for new.
- Original parking brake assy’s.
- Complete horizontal, elevators,
vertical and rudder with fittings for wires and attachment,
good aluminum leading, trailing edges.
- Tim tabs and associated fittings,
pulleys and cables.
- Choice of complete Haliburton
or Bendix landing gears with complete stock Bendix wheels
and brakes including original brake master cylinders. No tires.
- Complete gear fairings and
attach brackets assy’s.
- Complete Steerable tailwheel
assembly with a spring shock strut, no
- Complete upper, lower internal
hardware set including washers, bolts, drag wires and fittings
for the STC’d four aileron configuration. The center
section is partially completed with all hardware installed
ready for final wood work. Fuel tank has sumps and pattern
- 2 ea. rear, 2 ea. diagonal
interplane struts, and 4 ea. center section cabane struts. Will
need 2 ea. front interplane struts.
- Pitot tube assy.
- All flying, landing and center
section wires with javelins. Includes the third landing wire
- Four duster ailerons (modified
for non-standard four aileron configuration). Can be easily
modified for Big Sky four aileron STC. The modification kit
is included. Will need parts for bringing aileron tips back
to standard configuration (approx. $1,500.00).
- Complete firewall forward
components and assy’s for a Lycoming R680 225 hp engine,
includes carburetor and electric inertia starter. Does not
include an engine and other accessories or propeller.
- Includes air filter and induction
- Complete coaming sheet metal
- An optional 300 hp Lycoming
motor mount is available but not with necessary components to
complete the installation.